- FLIGHT MONTAGE 4:00
Performed by Kerenza Peacock, Huw Watkins and the London Symphony Orchestra. Conducted by Paul Bateman.
Recorded at Air Studios.
In 2013 Oliver composed ‘Flight – Concerto for Violin and Strings’ which was premiered at St Martin in the Fields by Kerenza Peacock and the Trafalgar Ensemble. He then went on to compose a further set of pieces for violin and orchestra resulting in the album ‘Flight’ recorded by the LSO in early 2014. One movement of ‘Flight’ has already been choreographed at the recent Royal Ballet Draft Works.
- Flight reached No. 2 in the UK Classical Charts
- No. 16 in the USA Billboard Charts
- No. 4 in the iTunes Classical “songs” chart
- No. 9 in the iTunes Classical album chart
- 4 Star review in BBC Music Magazine
- Recording of the Month in Music Web International – see here
- Featured and discussed on Radio 3’s ‘In Tune’
- Best Seller on iTunes and amazon.co.uk
- Flight was the “Featured Album of the Week” on Classic FM and has been broadcast regularly since
- Skyward has been made a part of primary school music lessons! Check it out here
- Erico Montes choreographed choreographed a short ballet Within the Hours with music from the album Flight
- A selection of seven pieces from the album has been choreographed Ma Cong in ‘Flight of Fancy’